Are you a writer/reporter in finance and life science?
At the moment, we have not annunced a specific position, but BioStock is always looking for a competent and efficient writer/reporter with experience in monitoring the stock market, the financial industry and/or life science.
Note: Working at Biostock generally demands a high level of proficiency in the Swedish language (spoken as well as written).
BioStock is a digital news and analysis service that focuses on the Scandinavian life science sector. We monitor and write about companies active in life science, i.e. drug development, biotechnology, medical technology, diagnostics and digital health. We monitor the industry as a whole with extra focus on our customers.
We always keep an eye out for a competent and driven person who wants to be part of a growing team with great ambitions. The service includes both exciting challenges and great opportunities for the right person to be involved and further develop a strong concept on the rise.
General job description for a writer/reporter
As a writer / reporter is absolutely central to BioStock’s operations. You are responsible for monitoring and writing about companies in the life science industry and their areas of activity.
You keep track of the daily news flow at Scandinavian life science companies and write news notices and articles based on current events in the industry. You actively follow developments on the stock exchange to capture market news that is linked to the life science and healthcare sector.
You conduct interviews with executives at management level in both listed and privately owned companies, both by telephone and in physical meetings.
You also monitor the international news flow and act on important events. You also do cross-market reporting from both a financial and scientific perspective.
You interact daily with both existing and potential customers.
In order to perform a good job, work well in the team and for you to thrive on BioStock, it is important that you possess the following qualities.
- You have a burning interest in life science and / or equities and the financial world.
- You are open to the possibility of standing in front of a TV camera.
- You are a driven and fast writer who can effectively sift and package relevant information in text for publication on the web.
- You are analytical and used to processing complex scientific and / or financial information.
- You have a good ability to present written information in an accessible and interesting way.
- You can work in a structured way with parallel tasks.
- You are used to working towards deadlines.
- You have a high work ethic and always deliver what you promised within the allotted time.
- You are a positive and solution-oriented person.
- You have a professional and pleasant attitude, are trustworthy and easy to create good and long-term relationships.
- You see yourself as a team player.
Your education / experience
You should have relevant education in economics / finance, communication, journalism and / or medicine or equivalent. We would like you to have a few years’ work experience from newspaper or TV editors. Previous connection to the life science industry, or alternatively the financial sector through, for example, corporate finance, is also an advantage.
BioStock offers market-based compensation.
Right now we have not announced a specific position but you are welcome to send a spontaneous application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We only process full-fledged applications where the applicant has received a CV and personal letter via email.
BioStock’s editorial office is based in Medicon Village in Lund and primarily involves the service placement in Lund. Applicants from the Stockholm area are also welcome, as we plan to expand our presence locally.